More

My photo
Christian, Husband, Father of Two, and Occasional World Traveler

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

London Arrival

I was able to spend time in London on my circumnavigation of the globe. Upon arrival at London's Heathrow Airport I was going to get a black taxi to the hotel. I asked the cabbie "How much?" He replied "70 pounds" or about $125. I just could not spend that much for a cab ride. So, back into the terminal to find transportation. I go to a hotel booking desk and a young lady sets me up with a Oyster subway pass, map, and directions for 21 pounds. Off to the Tube and on to Marble Arch station. Rolling two pieces of luggage was awkward, but manageable.

An announcement over the PA confused me. I thought the train was headed back the airport. I hop off and check my location. Luckily this station had several lines and I changed lines and made it to my final destination. Walking up to the street level there was my hotel across the street.  

No comments: