More

My photo
Christian, Husband, Father of Two, and Occasional World Traveler

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Indonesia

Saigon to Singapore 681 miles (10644 miles total)
Singapore to Surabaya 850 miles (11494 miles total)

My second stop in in Surabaya, Indonesia. We work with several factories in the area.

Normally my stay is at the five star Shangri La Hotel. My company leases a four bedroom house. So, this trip is spent at the House. There is a housekeeper who cooks and cleans. She cooks western style food. During my visit we have Shepherd's Pie and Pork Chops with boiled potatoes.  The country manager is a Brit.

The day begins with a hour plus ride on some very rough roads to the factory. The ride is similar to Vietnam with more time spent in the country. Horrible traffic. Indo is aggressive driving is required. Motorcycles, cars, and trucks take whatever portion of the road is open and go. We spend the day in factories working with samples and production issues.

No comments: