More

My photo
Christian, Husband, Father of Two, and Occasional World Traveler

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Delays and more Delays

I get on the plane in Charlotte and the pilot asks us all to get off. The Atlanta airport terminal was experiencing a power outage. There would be a one hour hold and then we would have to get in line. It did not look good. After calling the airline, the travel agent, and my boss, all there was to do was wait. Luckily, we got back on the plane in about 45 minutes and arrived in time for my connecting flight to Seoul, South Korea. 
 
Fifteen hours of fly (sitting mostly) time. I read, slept a little, and watched movies. It is a long time. Whew!
 
A three hour layover in Seoul, luckily no artillery fire from the North. I get on the plane for 4 hour flight to Manila, Philippines. We pull away from the gate and ride and ride around the tarmac. Finally, the pilot let's us know the fog is too bad to take off. After one hour the pilot was either going to take off or go back to the gate and try again in 90 minutes. Lucky again, he takes off. We get in an hour late. There is someone from the hotel there to meet me. 
 
A long day to be certain, but it could have been much worse.   

No comments: