More

My photo
Christian, Husband, Father of Two, and Occasional World Traveler

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Singapore for a day

Going to Singapore for the day to get a business visa. So, a day off. The electronics Sim Lin mall in Singapore is six stories of gadgets laptops, cell phones, tablets, TV's, radios, and anything else you can imagine.
Photo taken from elevator
 I got to play with the Archos tablets. The prices weren't a lot different from the US. The exchange is 1.30 SD$ to 1 US$. I did get a nice rolling laptop bag from a store for about $50. It will come handy lugging it around Asia. I hope to have it as my only carry-on bag.

After several hours of drooling, I went to the market near by on Burgis Street. It was a busy and chaotic place with lots of people. There were also very fancy malls in the area.




Above is a Roman Catholic church in a high school. There was another Catholic church, Armenian Church, Buddhist temple, and anther temple. The Buddhist temple was doing a brisk business.

No comments: