More

My photo
Christian, Husband, Father of Two, and Occasional World Traveler

Thursday, July 21, 2011

On the Road Again

Lisa, Sarah, and Christopher traveled to Yellowstone over the Fourth of July. 5335 miles to be exact. Well that is not enough for me, here I am in the Singapore airport. Whoopee!!


There has been a few short delays in flights, but no problems. In Detroit a thunderstorm popped up just before pulling away from the gate. We waited about 45 minutes. The pilot took a short cut and we only missed our original arrival time by 20 minutes or so.

Thirteen hour fly time from Detroit to Nagoya, Japan.

Arrived in Nagoya airport, you have to leave the plane. Go inside and be rescreened by security. This I don't understand. We just arrived on a plane from the US with the most thorough security screening process. Makes no sense to me. Observation, Japanese airports have more people at the gate and seem to be the least organized of any place I have been so far.

Arrived in Manila, at 10:30 PM. This place is always busy. Waited in immigration 45 minutes. That is good, there were at least 300 people behind me. Stayed at Marriott, very nice hotel. Got to take advantage of breakfast and exercise facilities due to my 3:20 PM flight. Normally in by midnight and out by 6 AM.

Flight from Manila to Singapore. 3 hours 10 minutes with crying baby. Yikes. Saw movie "Limitless", good movie with an unusual storyline. Robert Deniro? in a supporting role.

Singapore airport has a lot of stuff, but I am too tired.

One more flight from Singapore to Surabaya, Indonesia. A couple of hours and a one hour difference in time. I will be happy to get to the Shangrila.

No comments: